Dr. Jaakko Juntunen, Sales Director of Optenni Ltd.
- RF & Microwave Engineering
- Computational electromagnetics
- FDTD Method
- Finite Element Method
- Method of Moments
- Electronic Design Automation
- AWR Microwave Office
- AWR AXIEM
- AWR Analyst
- Optenni Lab
Publications and presentations
- About 20 publications in scientific journals and international conference proceedings
- Jaakko Juntunen, Outi Kivekäs, Jani Ollikainen, Pertti Vainikainen: FDTD simulation of a wide-band half volume DRA. Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Antennas, Propagation and EM Theory (ISAPE 2000), Beijing, 2000, pp. 223-226.
- Jaakko Juntunen: Note on the S11-parameter and input impedance extraction in antenna simulations using FDTD. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 28, No. 1, 2001, pp. 8-11.
- Jaakko Juntunen, Nikolaos V. Kantartzis, Theodoros D. Tsiboukis: Zero reflection coefficient in discretized split-field PML. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 11, No. 4, 2001, pp. 155-157.
- Jaakko Juntunen: Coaxial Connector to Microstrip Transition Optimization. Microwave Engineering Europe, Feb 18, 2014.
- Victor Sharir, Benny Haddad and Jaakko Juntunen. Improving the Second Harmonic Rejection of Side-Coupled Filters. Microwave Journal, February 2015, pages 102-108.
Other research activities
- EU Marie Curie Fellow in Training and Mobility of Researchers program 1998-1999 at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Referee activities in IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques journal
- Pre-examiner of several doctoral theses
- 1992-1995: Helsinki University of Technology (HUT, nowadays Aalto University), Institute of Mathematics, assistant in mathematics courses
- 1996-2000: HUT, Radio Laboratory, postgraduate student at Graduate School of Electronics, Telecommunication and Automation
- 2001-2005: APLAC Solutions Corp.: Customer Service Manager
- 2005-2009: AWR Corp.: Sales Manager of Central Europe
- 2010- : AWR Corp. (since 2011 National Instruments): Senior EM Specialist
- 2014- : Optenni Ltd.: Sales Director
- M.Sc. (Tech.) from HUT in 1995, majoring in numerical mathematics; Lic.Sc. (Tech.) and D.Sc. (Tech.) degrees from HUT in 1998 and 2001, respectively, majoring in radio engineering.
- Doctoral thesis: "Selected Developments in Computational Electromagnetics for Radio Engineering" in 2001.