Dr. Jussi Rahola, founder and CEO of Optenni Ltd.
- Computational electromagnetics
- Fast multipole techniques
- Antenna design
- Numerical mathematics
- Iterative methods and preconditioning
- High-performance computing
- Scientific visualization
- Programming in C++, C, Fortran 90 and Matlab
- Project management
Publications and presentations
- Over 30 publications in scientific journals and international conference proceedings
- Invited presentations in international and national conferences
- Co-writer and editor of several books on numerical methods in Finnish
- Three granted patents and several pending patent applications
- J. Rahola, "Power Waves and Conjugate Matching", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express briefs, Vol. 55, pages 92-96, 2008.
- J. Rahola (invited), "Bandwidth potential and electromagnetic isolation: Tools for analysing the impedance behaviour of antenna systems", Proceedings of the EuCAP 2009 conference, Berlin, March 23-27, 2009.
- J. Rahola, F. Belloni and A. Richter, "Modelling of radiation patterns using scalar spherical harmonics with vector coefficients", Proceedings of the EuCAP 2009 conference, Berlin, March 23-27, 2009.
- J. Rahola and J. Ollikainen, "Analysis of Isolation of Two-Port Antenna Systems using Simultaneous Matching", Proceedings of the EuCAP 2007 conference, Edinburgh, November 11-16, 2007.
- J. Rahola and J. Ollikainen, "Optimal antenna placement for mobile terminals using characteristic mode analysis", Proceedings of the EuCAP 2006 conference, Nice, November 6-10, 2006.
- J. Rahola and J. Krogerus, "On the polarization state of mobile terminals", Proceedings of the ICAP 2003 conference, Exeter, March 31 - April 3, 2003.
Other research activities
- National delegate in the European COST 284 action on antennas (2002-2006)
- Member of the Scientific Council of the ACE (2004-2007) and Metamorphose (2005) networks of excellence
- Senior member of the IEEE
- Referee activities in several scientific journals
- Pre-examiner and opponent of several doctoral theses
- 1989-1999: CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd: application specialist and development manager in numerical methods and mathematical software
- 1997-1998: CERFACS, France: postdoctoral researcher
- 2000-2009: Nokia Corporation: senior research engineer, research manager, principal scientist
- 2009-: Optenni Ltd: founder and CEO
- M.Sc. (Tech.), Lic.Sc. (Tech.) and D.Sc. (Tech.) degrees from Aalto University, School of Science and Technology (formerly Helsinki University of Technology), majoring in numerical mathematics
- Doctoral thesis: "Efficient solution of dense systems of linear equations in electromagnetic scattering calculations" in 1996
- Docent of Aalto University and University of Jyväskylä
Optenni Ltd — Contact Information
For further inquiries about our products, services and collaboration possibilities, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Finnish VAT ID
Optenni Lab Global Distributors
In addition to Optenni direct sales, Optenni Lab is available through the global Altair sales channels including the Altair distributors. In addition, Optenni Lab is available through the Altair Partner Alliance, in which Altair customers can use partner software with their existing HyperWorks Units and the Altair licensing system. The Optenni Lab version compatible with the Altair licensing system can be downloaded here.
Contact information for the Altair sales channels
Optenni Lab Local Distributors
In India we are represented by Avgarde Systems
In Japan we are represented by AET Inc.
In Northern California we are represented by Jay Stone Associates