Read the Optenni Brochure online!
Optenni Ltd is managed by RF and microwave design professionals with many years of experience on antennas and matching circuits.
CEO Jussi Rahola
Email: jussi.rahola (at) optenni.com
Phone: +358 45 265 8245
Sales Director Jaakko Juntunen
Email: jaakko.juntunen (at) optenni.com
Phone: +358 45 600 1201
Dr. Jaakko Juntunen, Sales Director of Optenni Ltd.
- RF & Microwave Engineering
- Computational electromagnetics
- FDTD Method
- Finite Element Method
- Method of Moments
- Electronic Design Automation
- AWR Microwave Office
- AWR AXIEM
- AWR Analyst
- Optenni Lab
Publications and presentations
- About 20 publications in scientific journals and international conference proceedings
- Jaakko Juntunen, Outi Kivekäs, Jani Ollikainen, Pertti Vainikainen: FDTD simulation of a wide-band half volume DRA. Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Antennas, Propagation and EM Theory (ISAPE 2000), Beijing, 2000, pp. 223-226.
- Jaakko Juntunen: Note on the S11-parameter and input impedance extraction in antenna simulations using FDTD. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 28, No. 1, 2001, pp. 8-11.
- Jaakko Juntunen, Nikolaos V. Kantartzis, Theodoros D. Tsiboukis: Zero reflection coefficient in discretized split-field PML. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 11, No. 4, 2001, pp. 155-157.
- Jaakko Juntunen: Coaxial Connector to Microstrip Transition Optimization. Microwave Engineering Europe, Feb 18, 2014.
- Victor Sharir, Benny Haddad and Jaakko Juntunen. Improving the Second Harmonic Rejection of Side-Coupled Filters. Microwave Journal, February 2015, pages 102-108.
Other research activities
- EU Marie Curie Fellow in Training and Mobility of Researchers program 1998-1999 at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Referee activities in IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques journal
- Pre-examiner of several doctoral theses
- 1992-1995: Helsinki University of Technology (HUT, nowadays Aalto University), Institute of Mathematics, assistant in mathematics courses
- 1996-2000: HUT, Radio Laboratory, postgraduate student at Graduate School of Electronics, Telecommunication and Automation
- 2001-2005: APLAC Solutions Corp.: Customer Service Manager
- 2005-2009: AWR Corp.: Sales Manager of Central Europe
- • 2010-2015: AWR Corp.: Senior EM Specialist
- 2014- : Optenni Ltd.: Sales Director
- M.Sc. (Tech.) from HUT in 1995, majoring in numerical mathematics; Lic.Sc. (Tech.) and D.Sc. (Tech.) degrees from HUT in 1998 and 2001, respectively, majoring in radio engineering.
- Doctoral thesis: "Selected Developments in Computational Electromagnetics for Radio Engineering" in 2001.
Optenni Ltd. is a software company developing professional design tools for antenna and RF engineers. Optenni employs customer-driven innovation, and partnerships with leading players in the wireless ecosystem. Optenni’s main product, Optenni Lab™, is the leading RF Design Automation software platform that features automatic matching circuit synthesis and optimization, antenna array beamforming with active impedance control, and many assessment tools to evaluate design candidate’s performance. Optenni Lab links with major EM tools, and is typically applied in the design of tunable or other multiband antenna systems and phased arrays.
We aim to create versatile, powerful but easy-to-use software tools to help antenna and RF designers to meet their demanding design goals and accelerate the design process. Our product uses advanced optimization methods and numerical techniques, but the complexity is hidden from the user. We develop our products further in close collaboration with our customers and we also introduce new concepts based on latest scientific advances. We provide easy-to-use interfaces to leading electromagnetic simulation software.
Optenni provides powerful, innovative and easy-to-use design tools for antenna and RF professionals to speed up the design of wireless devices and increase their performance.
Optenni is the leading global developer of RF Design Automation software platform employing customer-driven innovation and partnerships with leading players in the wireless ecosystem.