Key features of Optenni Lab
Optenni Lab includes many innovative technologies for accelerating the design flow:
- Matching circuit synthesis: Optenni Lab’s automatic matching circuit synthesis provides the user with multiple optimized topologies using fast parallelized multicore optimization techniques. The synthesis applies to both single-port and multiport RF systems, and it uses accurate component models from libraries of key vendors.
- Antenna array performance optimization: Optenni Lab provides antenna array beamforming synthesis algorithm that uses the full EM model of the array with all coupling terms, and that obeys design targets not only for the main beam but also total system efficiency, sidelobe levels, active impedances and radiation pattern nulls.
- Tunable antenna design: Optenni Lab supports aperture- and impedance tunable antenna design, supporting switches or variable capacitors as the active elements, and calculation of the radiation efficiency as a function of aperture component. Band switching and carrier aggregation modes are specifically engineered as optimization setup goals.
- Multi-antenna matching: Optenni Lab supports multi-antenna matching for best efficiency, taking antenna-to-antenna coupling into account. The optimization setup enables control of both efficiency and isolation.
- Tolerance analysis: The sensitivity of various topologies to component tolerances is readily analyzed by Optenni Lab's tolerance analysis feature, and the topology list can be automatically sorted to provide the least sensitive as the top performing candidate.
- Assessment tools: Optenni Lab offers Bandwidth Potential, Electromagnetic Isolation and Beam Scanning Range tools for a very quick initial assessment of the system at hand. These tools can uncover fundamental hidden problems of the design right in the beginning, before investing lots of time and effort.
- Power balance diagram: Unique tool providing a compact visualization of power loss contributors and total radiated power, including coupled power in a multiport system.
- Radiation efficiency calculation: Optenni Lab calculates the radiation efficiency automatically from the radiation patterns, taking into account the changing port termination impedances in multi-antenna systems. The radiation efficiency is automatically used in optimization of the total efficiency of the system.
- Links to electromagnetic and circuit simulators: Optenni Lab links seamlessly to leading electromagnetic simulators through EM simulator links, enabling optimization of the total efficiency of the antenna, including losses from the antenna, its environment and matching circuit.
- Links to Vector Network Analyzers: Optenni Lab optimizes matching circuits in real time based on measurements through network analyzer link, bridging the gap between measurements and simulations. The links support all major VNA brands and models.