Overview of Optenni Lab
Optenni Lab is a leading professional matching circuit synthesis and optimization software for solving all matching problems in the RF chain within wireless devices. Optenni Lab can optimize broadband, multiband, multiport and tunable matching circuits for antennas, filters, amplifiers, switches, tuners and other RF components. The following design challenges are typical ones where Optenni Lab is utilized:
- Antenna efficiency optimization: Optenni Lab optimizes matching circuits to maximize the total efficiency of broadband and multiband antennas, taking into account component losses and antenna radiation efficiency.
- Multi-antenna system optimization: Optenni Lab provides matching circuits that optimize the total efficiency in multi-antenna systems, taking antenna coupling/isolation into account.
- Short range wireless: Optenni Lab’s multiport capabilities are used to maximize the end-to-end transfer of energy in Bluetooth, RFID, NFC and wireless charging applications.
- Tunable antenna design: Optenni Lab features unique capabilities specifically engineered for designing and optimizing tunable and switchable matching circuits. Optenni Lab provides the optimal values for both fixed and tunable matching components so that best efficiency is obtained on all the desired operation bands.
- Amplifier matching: In designing matching circuits for low-noise amplifiers and power amplifiers, the user can specify the optimal target impedances for best noise, power, or efficiency performance – including the impedances at harmonic frequencies.
- Multiplexer design: Optenni Lab speeds up the design of quadplexers and higher N-plexers in modern multiband front-end modules for mobile devices. The automatic topology synthesis provides multiple optimized topologies, often leading to simplification of the matching circuit.